Buy Industrial Air Compressors Locally for Your Business
Industrial air compressors provide pressurized air for numerous industrial processes. From general manufacturing operations and metal fabrication to mining, food & beverage production and furniture construction, industrial air compressors are used in numerous industries, including manufacturing, automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, power generation, transportation, wastewater treatment, etc. Having a reliable supply of compressed air is a critical requirement in most industrial facilities today. If you are currently evaluating industrial air compressors for sale in San Francisco, we suggest you take time to assess your unique requirements and understand your operations.
If you intend to purchase new industrial air compressors for your facility in San Francisco, you can consult our systems specialists right away. We help you
Types of Industrial Air Compressors Used in San Francisco
Depending upon the specific tasks performed in a facility, industrial air compressors available today have been increasingly specialized. Depending upon the nature of operations & efficiency requirements, you can choose any of the three most popular variants of industrial air compressors in San Francisco –
- Positive displacement industrial air compressors – Rotary screw and reciprocating/piston air compressors are among two variants of these types of industrial air compressors. Reciprocating air compressors are generally most common in mobile applications. They are among the most cost-effective options and suitable for low-duty operations. Rotary screw air compressors are used in stationary applications mostly. Over the last few years, these compressors have become more affordable. Known for their high-flow air delivery, long life, and compact size, rotary screw air compressors require minimal maintenance and are designed to run at 100% capacity.
- Two-stage industrial air compressors – These air compressors deliver more performance than single-stage reciprocating air compressors as they have an additional compression mechanism. These air compressors are suitable for heavy-duty manufacturing operations.
- Centrifugal industrial air compressors – Engineered for high-capacity manufacturing operations, centrifugal industrial air compressors are used in large-scale plants where a continuous supply of compress air is required. They are more expensive than the two other variants discussed above and also require specialized maintenance by trained professionals.
How to Determine Your Air Compressor Size Requirement
Do not make the mistake of judging an air compressor’s capability by its size. There are plenty of ‘large’ air compressors available in San Francisco and elsewhere with low air output and compact air compressor units with reasonably high air output.
So, when you are talking to someone handling industrial air compressor sales in San Francisco, look at how much airflow it can deliver. The airflow capacity of an air compressor is measured in CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute).
Commercial air compressor units with lower CFM ratings are typically suitable for applications like passenger tire inflation or tools such as grinders and chippers. For heavy industrial use, involving rock drills, jackhammers, impact wrenches, etc., you’d need air compressors on sale in San Francisco with higher CFM ratings.
Consider the most powerful air tool used at your facility and choose an air compressor available in San Francisco as per the CFM rating. Keep in mind that the CFM rating should be for a 100% duty cycle. Many tools used continuously in industrial environments are rated at 50% or 60%; so, you should ideally opt for an air compressor with a higher CFM rating if you do not want to halt operations regularly.
What Type of Air Compressor Do You Really Need
Once you have determined the size of an industrial air compressor, the next important thing to do is to decide the type of compressor you need. Our industrial air compressor sales reps in San Francisco often advise and help our clients find answers to the following questions:
- What is the industrial application for which you require an air compressor?
- How much airflow is required in your workshop or facility?
- How much pressure is required in your facility?
- Does your industrial facility involve the use of dryers and filters?
- How many hours do you need to use the industrial air compressor per year?
- On average, how many shifts do you need to run daily?
- Do you intend to expand your facility or extend your operations in the future?
Should You Buy a Lubricated or Oil-Free Industrial Air Compressor in San Francisco?
Once you have determined the size and type of industrial air compressor required for your facility in San Francisco, the most important question that you need to answer is whether you should go with an oil-free or lubricated air compressor. In the case of oil-injected industrial air compressors, oil is used for creating seals, lubrication of moving parts, and cooling off the compressed air.
Although the vast majority of industrial processes require air compressors that utilize oil-lubricated pumps, there are many industrial applications where oil-free operation is a necessity. In industries such as pharmaceutical manufacturing, food & beverage production, etc., there is a need to eliminate the risk of oil contamination to maintain product quality and safety.
Oil-free industrial air compressors are generally more expensive than their oil-injected counterparts; the former requires more specialized materials and engineering designs.
In case oil contamination isn’t critical in your industrial application, you can opt for oil-injected screw air compressors; they are among the most cost-effective alternatives among lubricated air compressors in San Francisco. Minute traces of oil can be eliminated with the help of quality filters, pre-filters, and other such products. The compressed air can be cleaned to an extent that even contaminants as tiny as 0.01 microns are successfully eliminated. For even better results, you can install carbon-activated filters and achieve Class 1 air purity in the compressed air used in your industrial facility.
Industrial Air Compressors Sales in San Francisco – Contact the Experts for Professional Advice
Arrow Max has more than two decades of experience in the provision, installation, repair, and maintenance of industrial air compressors in San Francisco. We help you choose air compressors best suited for your industrial application. Our goal is to help you achieve desired performance and reliability with industrial air compressors. Whether you need help selecting the right industrial air compressor on sale in San Francisco for a small professional application, a medium-scale workshop, or high-capacity manufacturing operations, our systems specialists are here to help you out. We help make sure that each air compressor unit that you install at your facility is built specifically as per the requirements of your business.
At Arrow Max, we also provide 24/7 industrial air compressor repair and maintenance services to our clients operating in numerous industries in San Francisco. So, our role is not limited to helping you purchase the right make or model of industrial air compressor in San Francisco.
Our factory-trained and EPA-certified technicians, as well as senior industrial air compressor experts, will continue to help protect your interests by offering timely and reliable services during the product life cycle.
Call 510.828.7555 today to consult an industrial air compressor sales specialist serving San Francisco. Alternatively, you can drop us a line and we will get back to you at the earliest.